1. Food is our ally on health. From it our body uses the nutrients needed for immune system, growth, and other metabolic functions. Therefore all food provided to us by nature is good and can be consumed in moderate amounts. Meanwhile more varied our diet, the more complete the offer of protective elements we give to our body.
2. A food is valuable only “if he is rich and has few calories.” Today, with the study of functional foods, nutrition teaches us to choose foods that contain in themselves are natural elements of disease prevention. So yes the nuts, whole grains, avocados, vegetables and fruits of all kinds, red and white lean meats, vegetables … Remember that the amount that marks the boundary between the same food “fattening or not.”
3. The decrease in salt and sugar are in no way advice only for diabetics and hypertensives. The entire population, including children, should control the amount of them. We’re not talking totally suppress, rather moderate.
4. Prefer fresh food and little manufacturing, those highly processed food industry which has been making its aggregates.
5. Recall that distribute food within 4 to 6 meals a day is ideal for proper digestion and metabolism. None of these foods should leave us with “stomach fullness,” so the portion size is critical.